Prof. Dr. APM Sohrabuzzaman is a skilled Cardiac Electrophysiologist and Interventional Cardiologist, currently Senior Consultant in Cardiology and Director of Cardiac Cath Lab and Heart Rhythm Services at Labaid Cardiac Hospital, Dhanmondi, Dhaka. Bangladesh.
Dr A P M Sohrabuzzaman
? firstname.lastname@example.org ? email@example.com
Profile Skilled Cardiac Electrophysiologist and Interventional Cardiologist, currently Senior Consultant in Cardiology and Director of Cardiac Cath Lab and Heart Rhythm Services at Labaid Cardiac Hospital, Dhanmondi, Dhaka. Bangladesh
Doctor of Medicine (MD), National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases & University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1995
Fellowship in Internal Medicine (FCPS), Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons, Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1987
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Chittagong Medical College & University of Chittagong, Chittagong, Bangladesh in 1980
Fellowship in Invasive and Interventional Cardiology, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India.
From 14.12.1998 to 31.12.1999.
Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India.
From 31.01.2000 to 30.01.2002
International and National Seminars
To upgrade personal skill and knowledge
Conducting workshop and Training Programs
To promote knowledge and develop skills for emerging cardiologists
Cardiac Camp in remote rural areas
To serve the underprivileged
Research articles, Professional papers, Case reports published in journals at home and abroad
Summary of Skills
Extensive training and experience in Cardiac Electrophysiology
Successfully performed many –
• Electrophysiology Studies (EPS)
• Radiofrequency Ablations
Skilled in Device Implantation
Successfully implanted many –
• Single Chamber Permanent pacemaker
• Dual Chamber Pacemaker
Pioneer in Cardiac resynchronisation therapy in Bangladesh. Successfully implanted several CRT–P & CRT-D.
Skilled in Interventional Cardiology
Successfully performed thousands of –
• Coronary & Peripheral Angiogram
• Coronary & Peripheral Angioplasty
• Skilled in performing Renal, Carotid and Peripheral Angiogram and Angioplasty
• Extensive experience in Valvoplasty
Skilled in Non-invasive Cardiology
Expertly perform and interpret –
• Transthoracic and Transoesophageal Echocardiography
• Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)
• Head Up Tilt Test
• 24 hour Holter monitoring
Skilled in Critical Care Management
Expertly perform –
• Endotracheal Intubation
• Central Venous Line
• Temporary pacemaker implantation
Specially experienced in managing critical patient in CCU
Member of Professional organizations
Life member, Bangladesh Medical Association
Life member, Association of Physicians of Bangladesh
Life member, Bangladesh Chest & Heart Association
Life member, Bangladesh Cardiac Society
Life member, Bangladesh Society of Cardiovascular iIntervention
Life member, Bangladesh Heart Rhythm Society
President, Bangladesh Heart Rhythm Society
Life member, Indian Society of Electrocardiology
Premium Professional Member, American Heart Association
Member, European Heart Rhythm Association
Member, European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Intervention
Employment History Senior Consultant in Cardiology, Z. H. Shikder Women’s Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh
From 01.06.2002 to 31.12.2003
Assistant Professor in Cardiology, National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Dhaka, Bangladesh
From 25.11.1997 to 31.01.2002
Assistant Surgeon, Government of Bangladesh
From 27.10.1981 to 24.11.1997
Invited Faculty in home & abroad conferences
Invited Faculty: Discussion: “Who needs an ICD” at the 2nd International Conference 2007 on “Updates on Management in Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery” 30th November 2007, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Invited Faculty: Discussion: Pathophysiology of heart failure & managing HF with drugs-the current trends. Dhaka summit on HF and arrhythmia 2008, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Invited Faculty: ISCON 2008, Kolkata, India
Invited Faculty: Case discussion: Managing hypertensive patients to prevent CVD. East meets west cardiology conference 2009, Pattaya, Thailand.
Invited Faculty: Case discussion: CRT-D in ischaemic DCM patient presented with complete AV block. Dhaka summit on HF and arrhythmia 2009, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Invited Faculty: Case presentation: Intracoronary thrombus formation during PCI. Asia PCR/Sing Live 2010. Singpore
Invited Faculty: Case Presentation: Complications in carotid artery stenting. Carotid India 2010. New Delhi India.
Faculty of the year: TCT-AP 2011, Seoul, Korea
Invited Faculty: Discussion: PCI vs CABG in multivessel disease. 4th International Cardiovascular conference, Dhaka 2011. Bangladesh
Invited Faculty: Rhythm to revival 2011. New Delhi. India.
Invited Faculty: ISECON 2012. Jaipur. India
Faculty of the year: TCT-AP 2012, Seoul, Korea. Presented oral abstract. Restenosis after PCI in small coronary arteries with 2.25mm Diameter in Bangladesh population (Abstract). Am J Cardiol 2012;109(7S):29S-30S.
Invited Faculty: ISPCP 2014, Rome, Italy. Lecture on Clinical Management of Electrical Storm.
Faculty of the year: TCT-AP 2013, Seoul, Korea. Presented oral abstract. Restenosis after PCI in small coronary arteries with 2.25mm Diameter in Bangladesh population (Abstract). Am J Cardiol 2012;109(7S):29S-30S.
Invited Faculty: TCT- 2014. Washington DC. USA. Moderator in the session on HOCM.
Invited Faculty: Aorta India 2015. New Delhi. India
Invited Faculty: Asia PCR, Sing live 2016. Singapore
1. Dissertation for FCPS: Clinical and Histological correlation in the Diagnosis of Cirrhosis of Liver. IPGMR 1987
2. Thesis For MD : Doppler identification and Color Flow mapping of valvular regurgitation in acute rheumatic fever without clinically evident carditis. NICVD 1995
3. Khan MNI, Sohrabuzzaman APM; Clinical presentation of Cirrhosis of liver. Bangladesh Med J 1987; 16(4):85
4. Khan MNI, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Hossain SM; Histopathological pattern of Cirrhosis of liver in relation to clinical presentation. Bangladesh Med J 1988;17(4):97
5. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Khan SR, Khan BR; Hypertrophic osteoarthropathy secondary to plural fibroma in a man of seventeen. Bangladesh Med J 1990;19(1):25
6. Akanda AK, Rahman S, Chowdhury AHK, Sohrabuzzaman APM et al; Arteriographic patterns in coronary heart disease in Bangladesh demonstrated by selective coronary angiography, Bangladesh Heart J 1996;11:55
7. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Mahmud RS, Haque KMHSS; Doppler Identification and Colour flow mapping of valvular regurgitation in acute rheumatic fever without clinically evident carditis. Bangladesh J child health 1998;22:01
8. Hossain MS, Islam MN, Haque KMHSS, Sohrabuzzaman APM et al; Short term clinical outcome after acute Q-wave and non-Q-wave myocardial infarction in hospitalized patients-a comparative study. Bangladesh Med J 1998;27:60
9. Saha GK, Ali MA, Miah MAB, Hossain N, Zaher A, Sohrabuzzaman APM et al; Echocardiographic evaluation of left atrial thrombus: comparison between transthoracic and transesophageal approach. Bangladesh Heart J 1998; 13:58
10. Rahman MM, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Mohibullah AKM et al; Left ventricular function in patients with acute myocardial infarction after streptokinase therapy. Bangladesh Heart J 1999;14:69
11. Saha GK, Ali MA, Miah MAB, Hossain M, Sohrabuzzaman APM et al; Incidence and clinical implications of left atrial spontaneous echocontrast in patients with rheumatic mitral stenosis and normal sinus rhythm. Chest and Heart J 1999;23:68
12. Rahman MM, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Mohibullah AKM et al; Coronary artery flow pattern in patients with acute myocardial infarction after streptokinase therapy. Bangladesh Heart J 2000;15:24
13. Rahman MM, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Ali MA et al: Comparison of coronary angiographic profile between patients of myocardial infarction with or without streptokinase therapy. Bangladesh Heart J 2000; 15:60
14. Saha GK, Ali MA, Hossain N, Zaher A, Islam MF, Sohrabuzzaman APM et al; Relation of left atrial thrombus and spontaneous echocontrast in patients of mitral srenosis. J Med Teac Fed 2000;5:43
15. Rahman MM, Mohibullah AKM, Sohrabuzzaman APM et al; Angiographic distribution of arterial lesions in patients of acute myocardial infarction. Chest and Heart J 2001;25:85
16. Rahman M, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Pathan SS et al; Percutaneous Intervention In Left main coronary Artery: Our initial Experience in Labaid Cardiac Hospital. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(1):026-031.
17. Zaman F, Mansur A, Rahman MA, Chakraborty B, Sohrabuzzaman APM; Echo Doppler assessment of suitability for cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with drug refractory chronic heart failure. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(1):037-039.
18. Rahman M, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Nazneen S et al; Value of padial echocardiography score in prediction of Mitral regurgitation during balloon Mitral valvuloplasty. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(2):110-115.
19. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Zaman F; Ablation of atrial fibrillation. Current status. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(2):140-142.
20. Zaman F, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Akand AK; Primary (Idiopathic) Restrictive Cardiomyopathy-a case report. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(2):143-155.
21. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Sharma AK; Current approaches to myocardial No-reflow phenomenon during PCI. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(3):170-175.
22. Rahman M, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Nazneen S et al; Intracoronary Adenosin reduces the incidence of myonecrosis during elective percutaneous coronary intervention. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(3):183-189.
23. Tarik KM, Alimuzzaman M, Sohrabuzzaman APM; Repair of post myocardial infarction ventricular septal rupture- A case report. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(3):219-221.
24. Hossain SM, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Munawar M et al; Radiofrequency ablation of pulmonary atrial fibrillation by segmental catheter technique-First successful experience in Bangladesh. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009;1(3):232-234.
25. Zaman F and Sohrabuzzaman APM; Arrythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy with congestive heart failure- A case report. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2010;2(2):287-289.
26. Sohrabuzzaman APM and Sharma AK; Implantation of permanent pacemaker in a patient with sick sinus syndrome having persistent left superior vena cava with absent right superior vena cava- A case report. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2010;2(2):293-296.
27. Hossain SM, Siong TW, Munwar M, Sohrabuzzaman APM et al; Study of radiofrequency ablation of different ventricular tachycardias. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2011;3(1):323-326.
28. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Ali ME, Zaher A; Percutaneous coronary intervention with anomalous origin. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2011;3(1):327-331.
29. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Sharma AK, Zaman F; Implantation of Permanent Pacemaker in a patient with Corrected Transposition of Great Arteries with congenital complete AV block- A Case Report. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2011;3(2):437-440.
30. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Ali E, Sharma AK, et al; Restenosis after PCI in small coronary arteries with 2.25mm Diameter in Bangladesh population (Abstract). Am J Cardiol 2012;109(7S):29S-30S.
31. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Ali ME, Zaman F, et al; Alcohol Septal Ablation in Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy. Our experience. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2012;4(1):482-488.
32. Sohrabuzzaman A PM, Kabir Z, Zaman F, Amanullah M: IVC Filter implantation in DVT with Pulmonary Embolism. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2013;5(1):582-583.
33. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Mohammad N, Zaman F, et al; Intra coronary Administration of Adenosine During PCI Reduces Myonecrosis? A Study on Bangladesh population (Abstract). Am J Cardiol 2013;111(7S):96B
34. Sohrabuzzaman APM, Zaman F, Sharma AK, et al; Current Trends of Restenosis in 2.25mm diameter Small Coronary ArteriesAfter PCIusing DES in Bangladeshi Population. Bangladesh J Cardiol 2014;6 (1&2):6248-633.
Achivements First in Bangladesh
First ever Tilt table test was done 2003
First ever EPS and RFA was done in AVNRT2004
First ever EPS and RFA was done in paroxysmal A fib 2011
First ever EPS and RFA was done in atrial Flutter 2013
First ever AICD was implanted in HCM 2004
First ever Dual chamber pacemaker was implanted in HCM 1997
First ever percutaneous myocardial biopsy was done in RCM 2009
First ever IVC filter was implanted in repeated PE 2010
First ever PTSMA was done in HOCM 2010
First ever stenting was done in COA 2012
Dr. Ashok Seth, DSc
Chairman, Cardiac Sciences, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. T S Kler, FRCP
Executive Director cardiac sciences, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India, Email: email@example.com
Dr. M Amanullah FRCP
Member of the Parliament
Phone. (M): 01715078696
Dr. M Jalaluddin FCPS
Director Academic Affairs
Labaid Cardiac Hospital
Phone (M): 01713092713