Dr. Mokaddas Hossain Sadi MD, FCPS is currently Associate Professor of Cardiology and attached with LabAid Cardiac Hospital, Dhaka.
In his career he server numerous organizations including National Heart Foundation Hospital, Mirpur, Dhaka; National Heart Center Singapore; Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Dhaka, Bangladesh; Dinajpur Medical College, Bangladesh; National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases and Hospital, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar; Sir Salimullah Medical College & Hospital, Dhaka; Institute of Post Graduate Medicine and Research (IPGM & R), Dhaka; Kowkhali Thana Health Complex, Pirojpur, Bangladesh; Sharonkhola Thana Health Complex, Bagerhat; and Sher-e-Bangla Medical College & Hospital, Bangladesh.
During twenty two years of his professional life in different hospitals in Bangladesh and in abroad , Dr. Sadi did many intervention & EPS. He did many Pacemakers & ICD; successfully managed prcath, postcath, perprocedure patients, acute medical emergencies, such as Acute Myocardial Infarction, Pulmonary oedema, Cardiogenic Shock, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Speticaemia, Meningitis,Severe bronchinal asthma, renal failure, Cerebrovascular accidents, poisoning, diarrhoel disease etc.
During that period, Dr. Sadi also managed to gain expertise in procedures, such as pericardiocentasis, lumber puncture, pleural aspiration and biopsy, ascitic tap, liver biopsy and bone marrow aspiration.
During his service as an Assistant Registrar, Registrar and Assistant Professor in Medical College and Post Graduate Institutes, Dr. Sadi had an active participation in under-graduate and post graduate teaching programmes. As part time lecturer he had taught medical nurses and other technical trainees.
LIST OF RESEARCH WORKS AND PUBLICATIONS (Total No. 48)
- Momenuzzaman NAM, Hossain SM et al. “Experiences of Percutaneous transluminal coronary Angioplasty and stenting”- study of 168 cases. Bangladesh Heart Journal 2001; 16; 71-75.
- Hossain SM, Zaher A, Zaman MA: Transoesophageal Echocardiography for detection of thrombus, spontaneous echo contrast in the left atrium and valvular vegetation. Bangladesh J Medecine 1997; 8(1) 5-7.
- Hossain SM, Islam MN, Haque KMHS S, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Jalauddin M, Zaman MA et al: Short-term clinical outcome after acute Q-Wave and non-Q-Wave Myocardial infraction in hospitalized patient. A comparative study. Bangladesh Medical J 1998; 27; 60-63.
- Momenuzzaman NAM, Hossain SM, Jamaluddin Mri, Akter S, Faruque Md, Rahman SZ, Islam SZ, Islam KQ, Jalauddin Md, Zaman MA. Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Comissurotomy (PTMC) in pregnancy-Our experiences. Bangladesh Heart Journal 2000; 15: 66-70
- Hossain SM, Haque SA, Ahmed T, Alam MN, Tahir M et al: A study of polonged pyrexia in IPGMR, Dhaka. Bangladesh J Medicine 1993; 4 (2): 33-37.
- Hossain SM, Jalauddin M, Ahsan A, Ali SM, Momenuzzaman NAM, Khan NA, Zaman MA. Left atrial paragnaglioma: Report of a case and review of the literature. Bangladesh J Medicine 2000; 11: 61-67.
- Momenuzzaman NAM. Hossain SM. Alam SAN. Jamaluddin M. Zaher A. Zaman MA. et al. Use of coil Embolization in the treatment of coronary and peripheral Vascular Malformation. Bangladesh J Medicine 2001; 12: 76-78.
- Momenuzzaman NAM. Hossain SM. SA Nurul Alam et al. STEEL VERSUS STEAL. – Initial experience (Abstract). 12th Annual Convention and Scientific conference. Association of physician of Bangladesh. Dhaka. 2001.
- Haque SA, Alam MN, Hossam_SM, Ahmed 1. Tahir M: Study of Prolonged pyrexia in Dhaka. Bangladesh Med. Res. Coimc. Bull. 19%. 22 (1): 33-42.
- Momenuzzaman NAM. Hossain SM. Jalaluddin M. Malik I et al. Percutaneous coronary Intervetion (PCI) – Single hand experience in 212 cases, (abstract).
- Ahsan SA, Haque KMHS S, Alam MA. Majumder AAS, 7, aman MA, Mokaddas et al: Cardiovascular mamtestations of thyrotoxic patients: A Study of 70 thyrotoxic patients attending the thyroid clinic. Bangladesh J Medicine 1997; 8: 38-43.
- Momenuzzaman NAM, Hossajn SM. Alam Faruque Md. Islam KK, Jalaluddin M Percutaneous. Balloon Mitral valvuloplasty (PBMV) during Prcgnancy-Our experiences. Abstracts. 11th Annual convention & Scientific Conference Association of physician of Bangladesh. Dhaka-2000
- Hossain SM, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Jalaluddin M: In-hospital Prognosis of patients with acute QWave and non-Q-wave myocardial infraction ABSTRACTS. 4th international Conference on cardiovascular disease, Dhaka. 1996:41
- Hossain SM, Rahman S, Chowdhury AHK, Rahman W et al: Preliminary experiences of fifteen cases of attempted coronary balloon angioplasty Bangladesh J Medicine 1997; (Submitted).
- Haque SA, Alam MN, Hossain_SM, Ahmed T. Tahir M: Value of clinical features in the diagnosis of Enteric fever. Bangladesh Med. Res Counc. Bull 1997 23 (2): 42-46
- Sadequzzaman M, Alam MN, Hossain SM: Cardiac failure as an unusual early presentation of multiple myeloma. Bangladesh J Medicine 1992; 3(2): 63-65.
- Haque SA, Das KK, Hossain SM, Mamun AA, Kalam A. Tahir A: “Two cases of meningitis with hydrocephalus”. Bangladesh J Medicine 1992; 3: 34-37.
- Haque SA, Mamun AA, Hossain SM. Hasan M. Tahir M. et al: A case of intermittent nonhcmolytic jaundice. J IPGMR. Dhaka. 1991; 6 (2) 63: 66.
- Siddique MA. Sadequzzaman M, Mokaddas S, Khosru A, Islam S. Khan AA: “Single scrota! mass and multiple mass lesion in chest X-Ray in a young male”-A rare case report. Bangladesh J urology 1992; 3(2): 34-36.
- Hossain SM Zaher A. Haque KMHS S. Iransoesophageal echocardiography in patients of Mitrad stenosis-Study of 33 Cases. Abstract first National Conference on Echocardiography in Bangladesh. 2001.
- Dissertation during FCPS. Study of aetiology and diagnostic value of individual features of patients with prolonged pyrexia: A study to 105 cases.
- Thesis during Ml) (Cardiology). In-hospital prognosis of patients with acute Q-wave and non-Q-Wave myocardial infarction.
- Dissertation during Post doctoral (Cardiology) course. Study of anomalous origin of coronary arteries and catheter
- Hossain SM, Epidemiology of WPW Syndrome patients in Singapore, – A preliminary study – Published in Singapore Cardiac Society, 16th Annual Scientific Meeting 2003-2004.
- NAM Momenuzzaman, F Begum, N Ahammed, Mokaddas Hossain, et al : PCI with DRUG ELUTING STENT – OUR EXPERIENCE. Published in 18th Annual Convention & Scientific session, 2007, Association of Physician of Bangladesh.
- Hossain SM, Siong TW, Kam R, Kenong CC, Rong Bai, et, all. PREVALENCE OF WOLFF- PARKINSON-WHITE (WPW) SYNDROME IN BANGLADESHI AND SINGAPORE POPULATION – A PRELIMINARY RESULT. Published in International Congress, 1-2 Dec 2006, National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh.
- Zaman B, Malik F, Ahamed N, Hossain SM, et al. C comparison of Risk factors and Coronary Angiographic Profile between patient less than 50 years 50 years & above- A study among 1088 randomly selected patients. – Published in International Congress, 1-2 Dec 2006, National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh.
- Ahamed N, Malik F, Begum F, Hossain SM et al. Atherosclesotic Renal Artery Stenosis and endovascular treatment – Our experience at National Heart Foundation Hospital. Published in International Congress, 1-2 Dec 2006, National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh.
- Haque T, Ahamed N, Hossain SM et al. ECHO Cardiography – A Non Invasive Imaging Modality of Our Experience at National Heart Foundation Hospital. Published in International Congress, 1-2 Dec 2006, National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh.
- Jack Tan, CK Ching, Rong BAI, Hossain SM, HSU LF, R KAM, WS TEO. Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy – A Single Centre Experience – published in Singapore Cardiac Society, 16th Annual Scientific Meeting 2003-2004.
- Teo WS, Ching CK, Kam R, Bai R, Hossain SM. Catheter Ablation for Drug Refractory Atrial Fibrillation – published in Singapore Cardiac Society, 16th Annual Scientific Meeting 2003-2004.
- SM Hossain, Yoga Yuniadi, Muhammad Munawar, Hugh Calking. Radiofrequcncy ablation of atrial fibrilation using electroanatomical mapping. Published in 1st ASIA-PACIFIC HEART RHYTHM SOCIETY SESSION (APHRS 2008) in Singapore
- SM Hossain, D Farman, Muhammad Munawar. Comparison of Qualitative IVUS data between deployed Drug eluting stents and Bare metal stents in coronary arteries – A Preliminary Study – Abstract Published for presentation in Chest and Heart conference held on 19 Feb- 2009
- S Mokaddas Hossain, Teo Wee Siong, Muhammad Munawar, Yoga Yuniadi, Ching C Keong, APM Sohrabuzzaman: Radiofrequency Ablation Of Ventricular Tachycardias Of Different Origin – Published in Abstract for National Conference of Cardiology 2011, held on 23 April, 2011, Dhaka Sheraton Hotel, Bangladesh.
- SM Hossain, Teo Wee Siong, Ruth Kam, CC Keong, Bai rong, Rafique Ahmed, Aftab Khan, Jahangir Kabir, Yoga Yuniadi, Muhammad Munawar– Submitted for Journal.
- Stem cell therapy & Radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation using electroanatomical Mapping. SM Hossain, Yoga Yuniadi, Muhammad Munawar, Hugh Calkins. Department of cardiology, National cardiovascular centre, Harapankita, Jakarta, Indonesia. –Published in 20th Annual convention and Scientific Sessions of Association of Physicians of Banglades, March 2009, Hotel Sheraton Dhaka.
- Hossain SM, Yuniadi Y, Munawar M, Hugh C. Radiofrequency ablation for atrial Fibrillation using Electronatomical Mapping Bangladesh J Cardiol 2009; (2): 96-8
- Hossain SM, firman D, Munawar M: Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) for comparison of Late loss between drug eluting stents & bare metal stents – A preliminary study. Bangladesh J cardiol, 2009: (12): 124-7
- Hossain SM, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Munawar M, Saxena A, Chakraborty B: Successful Radiofrequency Ablation of Pulmonary Atrial Fibrillation by Segmental Technique. _______ First Successful Experience in Bangladesh Bangladesh J Cardiol, 2010; 1(3): 232-4
- Hossain SM, Munawar M: Successful Intervention for Acute Myocardial Infarction and Radiofrequency Ablation of Atrial Flutter at Same Setting. _______ A Case Report Published in Abstract 21st Annual conference and Scientific Sessions, 18-19 April, 2010. Association of Physicians of Bangladesh.
- Hossain SM, Racman OT, Yuniadi Y, Hardja P: A Single Coronary Artery – A rare case report. Bangladesh J Cardiol, 2010; 2(2): 297-8.
- Hossain SM, Siong TW, Munawar M, Yuniadi Y, Ching CK, Sohrabuzzaman APM, Chakrabarty B: Study of Radiofrequency Ablation of Different Ventricular Tachycardia. Accepted for Publication in Bangladesh J Cardiol.
- HARRY G MOND AND ALESSANDRO PROCLEMER, Asia Pacific Coordinator from Bangladesh. S Hossain the 11th World Survey of Cardiac Pacing and Implantable Cardioverter- Defibrillatars: Calendar Year 2009. PACE 2011;34:1013-1027.
- NAM Momenuzzaman, Fazilatunnesa Malik, Shakil Ghafur, SM Hossain et al. Trans Radial Approach for Coronary Diagnostic and Interventional Procedure: Initial Experience at National Heart Foundation Hospital and Research Institute. Bangladesh Heart Journal 2006; 21(1): 7-10
- S Mokaddas Hossain, Teo Wee Siong, Muhammad Munawar, Yoga Yuniadi, Ching C Keong, APM Soharabuzzaman: Study of Radiofrequency Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardias of Different Origin. Published in Association of Physicians of Bangladesh 22nd Annual Conference and Scientific Seminar Journal 14-15 May 2011.
- Hossain SM, Racman OT, Yuniadi Y, Hardja P: A Single Coronary Artery – A rare case report. Journal of Cardiovascular Interventions, 2011; 01(01): 47-48.
- S Mokaddas Hossain, Teo Wee Siong, Muhammad Munawar. Study of Radiofrequency Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardias of Different Origin. Published in official Journal of Arrhythmia APHRS & Japanese Heart Rhythm Society, Vol-27 Supplement 2011.9: 456.
- SM Hossain, T Haque. Successful Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in a Case of STEMI Complicated with Pseudoaneurysm- A Case Report Bangladesh J Cardiol, 2011; 3(2): 290-2.
- S Mokaddas Hossain, Muhammad Munawar, Yoga Yuniadi. A Case of Successful Intervention for Acute Myocardial Infarction and Radiofrequency Ablation of Atrial Flutter at Same Setting. Published in official Journal of Arrhythmia APHRS & Japanese Heart Rhythm Society, Vol-28. Supplement 2012.10: 205.